CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – JAMES K KIMANI LECTURE AT SONA 2023
In memory of Late Professor James K. Kimani, a founder and first Secretary-General of the Society of Neuroscientists of Africa (SONA), a memorial lecture is sponsored during each SONA international conference.
The organizing committee of SONA2023 thus invites nominations for a candidate who will give this lecture during the SONA 2023 International Conference. The successful candidate will be provided with full travel and accommodation support.
In nominating a candidate to be considered for this prestigious lecture, kindly give regard to the following criteria:
- The nominee must be at or under the age of 45 years at the time of SONA 2023 (11-14 July 2023).
- The nominee must be living and working in Africa.
- A major part of the nominee’s neuroscience research should have been done in Africa.
- Both nominee and nominator must be SONA members in good standing (paid-up membership) as at the time of submitting nomination.
To nominate a candidate, please submit the following information:
- A nomination statement in letter addressing each of the criteria listed above.
- Full name (first name and surname clearly indicated), contact address and email, date of birth and gender of the nominee.
- A two-page max. abbreviated current curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- A summary statement of the nominee’s contributions to the field of neuroscience (max. 500 words).
- A one- to two-page max. personal statement from the nominee also addressing each of the criteria listed above.
- The title and a brief abstract of the proposed lecture (max. 250 words).
Do note that, self-nominations will be considered, but this must be accompanied by two letters of support.
Deadline: 30 December 2022. Winner to be informed latest 31 January 2023
Please submit the nominating packet as a single PDF file to the Chair, Local Organizing Committee, SONA 2023, Professor Amadi O Ihunwo (email@example.com).
Only complete nomination packets sent in by the due date will be reviewed.